Last modified: March 19, 2013
Quad Learning, Inc., doing business as American Honors (“Company”, “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website, www.americanhonors.org (our “website“), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website, or on or through any of its features/register on the website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at our notice address provided below.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you submit a form or apply to the American Honors program through our website. In this event, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter personal information, including your name, academic history, e-mail address, phone number, and other contact information.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To present our website and its content to you.
- To improve website functionality. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send you information and updates pertaining to our programs, your application to one of our programs, company news, or other related information
- To notify you about changes to our website, or any products or services we offer or provide through it
- If you choose to follow or interact with us via any of our social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), then you and people in your network may see additional content from us on those networks.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail. If you would like to stop receiving phone calls, you may ask the representative calling you to stop at any time.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Your application to the honors program will be held in strict confidence and will be used for admissions purposes only. Once you submit a completed application to the program, we forward your application to the participating community college(s) specified in your application. Such submission may be made through the use of a third-party application service.
Rights Under The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”)
If you enroll in one of our programs, the disclosure of any personal information that you provide to us, and/or information that we may create that pertains to you, may be protected under FERPA. You may also have specific rights related to accessing and/or updating your personal information. For more information related to the applicability of FERPA and your rights under it, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (OPPA). We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.