We are now accepting applications for 2015!
When you complete the American Honors application, you’ll be considered for the American Honors program at Ivy Tech Community College. Admissions take place on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage you to submit your application early to improve your chances of being admitted.
Why apply to the American Honors program at Ivy Tech
There are a lot of reasons to begin your studies at a community college. For starters, it’s more affordable. On average, tuition and fees are about 64% lower than the college costs of four-year universities.*
Our selective, two-year program is designed to provide you with the preparation needed to transfer credits from community college to university – anywhere in the country.
Through our application process, we carefully assess your educational goals as well as your academic and leadership potential to determine an appropriate fit.
The American Honors program can result in significant savings in college costs – including tuition, room and board – when compared to the cost of a four-year college or university for the first two years.
* The American Association of Community Colleges, 2013 Community College Fast Facts
About the Application:
We review applicants holistically, thus we want to get a sense of who you are academically and personally. Every application is read in its entirety, so please include all relevant information.
This application should take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
As you consider your responses to the questions on this application, here is some information to guide you through the process:
- American Honors is a selective honors program for students who want to transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Honors students enter into a tight-knit community which provides them with the resources, knowledge and support that allows them to successfully transfer and flourish at a four-year university.
- Our dedicated honors staff works one-on-one with students, guiding them through course selection, a transfer plan, and financial aid options. - The mission of American Honors is to provide a high quality honors education at a reasonable cost.
- Students who start college with American Honors have saved up to 40% on their bachelor’s degree relative to a local public four-year university.
Note: American Honors is not the same as an honors society (e.g. Phi Theta Kappa), nor is it a scholarship. American Honors is an academic program at Ivy Tech Community College.
During the application, you'll need:
- Transcripts. Refer to them as you fill out the application to ensure the information you enter is accurate.
- Test scores. We accept scores from the SAT, ACT, and community college placement exam.